Hair Mask For Frizz Free And Super Soft Hair : Soft and silky hair is every girl’s dream. Isn’t it? ? But sadly frizzy hair is a major hassle that most of the women complain about ? Frizz happens due to lack of moisture. It happens due to many reasons like the climate , pollution ,promising shampoos which are heavily loaded with chemicals and chemical treatments.
That’s when we go to hair spa’s frequently which may not be affordable to everyone. So we have an option to put the friz and dullness of the hair at bay with this homemade and natural hair mask with BANANAS. Yes! BANANA ?
Bananas are great for hair conditioning. They are rich in potassium that strengthens hair, minimize breakage by restoring your hair’s natural elasticity and facilitates repair of damaged hair . Bananas also moisturize your hair as they contain natural oils and about 75% water
Strong, moisturized hair also is less prone to frizzing and tangling. In addition, the fruit is packed with Vitamin A, B6 , C and E, as well as Zinc and Iron.
So all you need is –
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 spoons olive oil
- 1-2 spoons of coconut/almond oil
- 1 whole egg white
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 spoon of curd (optional)
- 1-2 Spoons of Aloevera gel (optional)
(You can increase the quantity according to your hair health. I used 2 bananas as my hair is waist length)
1. Mash the banana in a bowl and mix it well with lemon , honey with no chunks remained
2. Add the oils and the rest of the ingredients and mix it really well forming a smooth paste.
3. Apply it to the scalp and hair and massage it for a min
4. Leave if for 30 minutes or longer
5. Rinse thoroughly until no residue is remained on the hair and make sure that there are no more banana lumps in your hair.
6. Wash your hair with a very mild shampoo followed by your conditioner
Why it works –
Bananas- Banana keeps hair hydrated and healthy. With regular use, a banana hair mask can increase the moisture content of your hair, smooth frizz, and soothe your itchy scalp.
Lemon- Lemon boosts hair shine, helps to clear dandruff and helps reduce frizz. Apparently, it can also help in dealing with hair loss problems.
Honey – helps in hydrate your hair and lock in moisture. It is also rich in zinc, iron, sulfur and Vitamin B that promotes hair growth
Egg – has been one of the most popular home remedies for frizzy hair. Egg yolks act as natural moisturizers, whereas egg whites kill bacteria and remove excess oil from the scalp. You could also add one to two tablespoons of olive oil to get even better results.
- Mash the banana and blend it really well to make a smooth paste because it just doesn’t come off the hair easily.
- You can use a blender to make it more easy
- Wash you hair with cold water as the hot water is known to suck the moisture from your hair making it dry and frizzy again.
- Use a very mild shampoo which has a minimal amount of chemicals
- If you can’t rinse away those banana chunks completely use a De-tangle comb and comb your wet hair very gently as your hair is prone to breakage when it is wet.
* This homemade hair mask deep conditions your hair replacing your regular salon spa’s and results are definitely long lasting. This makes your hair look straight to some extent. This can be done twice a week and can be stored as well!
*This is a boon for chemically treated hair
* What I love most about this hair mask is that it includes ingredients many of us have in our homes. No need to order any items or head out to the local health food store.